Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 March 2011

the decision and plan into action.

The decision i made was simply a lifestyle alteration, NOT A DIET.

In the 1st week of the decision all i did was eat as i normally did.If i was having pizza and chips & a garlic bread (to myself) or spaggetti bolognese (you get the idea). BUT i wrote down everything i was eating on a daily chart and the calorie content. Now,with doing this,you must be honest with yourself.Don't miss off that chocolate bar to make it look better.
By doing this you can see what your eating on paper,add up those calories for the week.now look and see what you ate and when (and why).
The 2nd week was a little tougher,i limited myself to the RDA of calories (2500).I did this by planning my meals in advance.
Im not a big breakfast fan.I dont like eating as soon as i get up,but that had to change.I bought a little scale set to weigh my cereals (and other things) and weighed out my 30g of cerial, i took to these little shredded wheat things with fruit in them,and a banana after. of course i changed it here & there,crunchy nut cornflakes,toast etc, variety is key.
I would take somesort of snack for mid morning, ryvita with low fat mayo and cheese,or snack-a-jacks,mini ryvita,or more fruit.
For lunch we all tend to have sandwiches,righ? well instead of bread,I used either 2 medium pitta breads or 2 tortilla wraps,filled it with tuna and salad, (sound boring?) try adding some sweet chilli sauce,i love the stuff and was my saving grace. again mini ryvita or snack a jacks to go with it and then a low fat yogurt.
mid afternoon,break out a banana,or grapes,....you want chocolate? ok if you must but try a low fat one like a frys turkish delight,just add the calories to your total!
evening meals for me were my favourite.I love chicken & turkey (lower in fat) so i would grill chicken and have it with a jacket potato and salad (again added some sort of dipping sauce).
I will go into more detail if you want ideas for meals,but the above is a general example.
So i did this for 2 weeks, making sure i had my 2500 calories.
after the 2 weeks i dropped it down to 2000. i thought i would struggle doing this but i noticed that i was never REALLY hungry as i was constantly eating and my appetite was shrinking.I couldnt eat full pizzas if i tried!
when i write my next post i will talk more about types of food i ate etc and a bit more of what i did.but for now,start writing down what your eating and follow these steps 1st! ANY QUESTIONS ASK ME, i want to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment